Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Second Day of School


Strike 2!! Kiley didn't come off the bus for the second day in a row. She saw a different bus driver (which was the right one this time) as she entered the bus to come home and started to cry saying "this isn't my bus." The principal took her to the office. Meanwhile, I was at the bus stop awaiting Kiley's arrive with my camera in hand since I didn't get a picture from the first day. I couldn't believe it when she wasn't there a second time. Just then I got a call from the office telling me that Kiley was waiting for me in the office. When I arrived at the school and Kiley saw me she broke down in tears saying "I don't want to ride the bus anymore". What started out as being her most treasured and exciting dream of riding the bus became her worse nightmare. Kiley and I talked that night regarding the school bus. She now knows the importance of bus #10. Her third day of riding the bus was a success!

1 comment:

Rebecca Pierce said...

That is hilarious...and I'm guessing somewhat traumatic when your kid doesn't get off! YIKES!