Friday, October 10, 2008

Breakfast in Bed


On a rare occasion, Sophie will sleep in later then the girls. In these instances, Kiley or Maddie will come into my room and wake me up. I quietly whisper to them that Sophie is still sleeping and that mom is still very tired. I proceed to let them know that they have two choices. They can either lay in bed with me or quietly go downstairs to watch a cartoon. Today they decided to watch a cartoon. As I snuggled back in bed I fell asleep in 2.2 seconds. After a few minutes, I heard loud noises coming from downstairs. As I put on my frustrated "I'm trying to sleep" face on, I got out of bed and headed for downstairs. In the hallway I could hear voices at the bottom of the stairs. I looked over the edge to find Maddie and Kiley, each holding an edge of a cookie sheet tray. Placed on it was a spoon, glass of milk, and a bowl of multi gran Cheerios. I started to head back to bed to pretend I was still sleeping until I heard Maddie say, "Oh the glass of milk is slipping". I decided I better intervene before we had milky carpet issues. I helped the girls carry the tray up to my bed. What started out as a frustrated "I'm tired" face turned into " the biggest smile ever". Thanks girls for that special treat!

8 comments:

Leslie Sandberg said...

oh how i love them!

Outnumbered Three To One said...

That's funny! I could totally picture that scenerio in my mind.

Theresa Walker said...

I saw a link to your blog from Jodi's and I had to check out your new baby. She is really cute! Congratulations and I can't believe how big the other two are getting!

Jen said...

What sweethearts. Glad you're up and blogging. :)

David and Nikki said...

Man, they are so adorable...they look so much like you:) LUCKY GIRLS!

Rebecca Pierce said...

darling girls! Why aren't you in the picture? They have great morning hair!

Danielle said...

You have cute girls! It is fun to read about your life since I haven't seen you in forever! Looks like you are doing great!

Bowles said...

You have such sweet girls! Great story.
Have a good day!-Sarah